Our January 26th meeting was a great start to the New Year. There were some return members and some new members. Please help me in welcoming Carla and Patti. We also had an array of knitting accessories and knitting related items that were shown for the show and tell.
The next meeting is February 23rd and Joyce will be teaching us how to knit Christmas Stockings in a 2 part class that will continue for the March 22nd meeting as well. The Christmas Stocking classes will contain a plethora of information like using charts, Fair Isle and multi-color knitting just to name a few. So here is what you will need to do before the meeting and bring to the February meeting.
1. Decide what weight of WOOL yarn you want to use. Sport, DK or Worsted.
2. Pick out the pattern or patterns that you want.
a. You can pick one large pattern or several shorter row patterns that are only 15 rows tall for example.
b. Your stocking can have designs on one or both sides.
c. Your color choices are vast.
Here are suggestions for places to find patterns. Remember you do not have to do an exact replica of an existing stocking. You can take a piece from this one and the colors from that one and so on.
2. www.tricksyknitter.com – this website has a Chartmaker feature with a log of other people published charts and the capability to design and save your own charts.
3. www.craftsy.com – type “charts in patterns” in the search field on the site and it will give you a list.
4. Pattern books, dictionaries or collections.
4. Stitch markers
5. Needles for the weight yarn that you have chosen
We look forward to seeing you there and if you have any questions please let us know in our Ravelry forum page by clicking here.