Thursday, March 8, 2018

Introducing Mrs. Renee Wolfe

Were you born and raised in SC? If not, where and how did you end up here?

I was born in PA and moved to SC when I married by high school sweetheart who was in the Navy. We have never left.

How long have you been a member of the FKG?

I started knitting at Panera Bread in July of 2017.

When did you learn to knit/crochet? Are you self taught? Who taught you?

My mother-in-law taught me to crochet in 1976 and Joyce Stebbins taught me to knit in July 2017.

What was your first knit/crochet project? Do you still have it?

My first crochet project was a small doily. I might still have it somewhere. My first knit project was a scarf - I gave it to my niece for Christmas.

What is one benefit of knit/crochet that you really enjoy?

Both are very relaxing

What advice would you give a beginning knitter/crocheter?

Don't give up if you feel overwhelmed. It is very rewarding when you get the hang of it.

What are you most proud of when it comes to your craft?

That I made something useful or beautiful

What is a little known fun fact about you?

I learned to play guitar when I was in my 50's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for taking the time to meet Renee. I hope you enjoyed her recap of her crafting adventure.

Next up is a field trip to Knit n Purl in Myrtle Beach, Wednesday, March 14th. We are leaving promptly at 10am from St. Luke's Lutheran Church. We have at least 3 cars available so we would love to have you join us! Christina Rice has taken on the job of planning our road trips and we have a few in the works out of state to a few nearby fiber festivals. Stay tuned for those details.

No comments:

Post a Comment