Thursday, March 15, 2018

Introducing Mrs. Christina Rice

Were you born and raised in SC? If not, where and how did you end up here?

No, I was born and raised in Cupertino, CA. I was stationed here for 5 years in the early 90's and loved it......wanted to come back when I retired.

How long have you been a member of the FKG?

2 months

When did you learn to knit/crochet? Are you self taught? Who taught you?

After I retired in 2010, I bought the Boye Learn to Knit book.

What was your first knit/crochet project? Do you still have it?

I think it was a pair of purse slippers. They didn't match and had dropped stitches and were crooked and not the same size and WAY TOO BIG. I was so proud of them......no, I don't have them. I threw them in the garbage because they were hideous.

What is one benefit of knit/crochet that you really enjoy?

Busy hands. Keeps me out of trouble

What advice would you give a beginning knitter/crocheter?

Be organized and when.....not if......you get frustrated and have to rip it all out, put it down for a hot second and do a stockinette beanie.

What are you most proud of when it comes to your craft?

Actually understanding what others are talking about and being able to see it in my head.

What is a little known fun fact about you?

I am a proud member of TWO Guilds: I am also a member of Nightmares in a video game called Neverwinter with a 15.3k Oath Bound Pally. And I know what that means too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for taking the time to get to know Christina! Christina has taken on the task of planning our out of town trips to various yarn shops and fiber festivals. I hope you will join us next month as we travel up to Columbia to Luna Lola for National Local Yarn Store Day.

Our trip yesterday to Knit~n~Purl was a huge success! They were super friendly and welcoming and they had a vast array of yarns to chose from. The various projects they had displayed around the shop had the yarn that was used either right below it or close at hand so you can see how it wore and draped. They were just finishing up a KAL so ladies were bringing in the Butterfly/Papillon shawls to take a group picture. Please go and check out there Facebook page for the pictures. Also check out the LIVE feed on the Flowertown Knitting Guild's Instagram account before it disappears as I gave a tour of the store. After shopping we stopped at Croissant Bistro & Bakery, everyone was really pleased with their meal. I had a Fried Green tomato and pimento cheese sandwich. Y'all that thing was so very good!

Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting! See y'all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment