Monday, July 1, 2013

A Knit-a-Long!

Hello all!

Having always wanted to knit a lace shawl I thought I might start a knit-along to ensure a finished project.
 
Here is the link to the project, Cold Mountain

The casting on day is Sunday, July 14th. Our goal will be 15 rows per week. We will be done with the shawl in 36 weeks, around mid February, unless you plan on shortening it or making it even longer.
Our goal could be 30 rows per week, but some of us, including myself, are not fast knitters. This is also lace which is much slower then doing ribbing or stockinette.

Everyone, I assume, is busy and I do not want to cause stress for anyone on reaching these goals. You do not have to do 15 rows per week, you can do 0 or you can do 30, it really doesn’t matter, knitting is supposed to be fun! It’s about enjoying the journey and the finished object. :)

Please post pictures and updates on your progress! There is a discussion thread on our Raverly group already.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Josie

1 comment:

  1. Concern: biting off more than I can chew!! But I plan to try. Jessica???? (we are the BAK right???)

    ReplyDelete