Friday, April 6, 2018

Introducing Mrs. Michelle Anderson

Were you born in SC? If not, where and how did you end up here?

Nope! I was born and grew up in Pennsylvania....eastern Philadelphia area. I came to Charleston essentially because of my husband. He was originally from PA as well, but lived in Charlotte, NC for 8 years and came to think of that as home. After we met, he was very clear that he did not want to stay in PA and would I consider moving south if our relationship worked out! But I told him that if he was taking me south I had to be near the beach. We came to visit Charleston and I was smitten! We moved here 2 years after we were married and have been here for almost 5 years.

How long have you been a member of the FKG?

2 months

When did you learn to knit/crochet? Self taught or who taught you?

I learned in 2005 when a group of girls I was working with were taking a 'learn to knit' class at a yarn store nearby. I joined them and was instantly hooked!

What was your first project you knitted/crocheted? Do you still have it?

My first project was a scarf.....basic garter stitch. I do not have it anymore.  I don't think it made the cut when we moved?

What advice would you give a beginning knitter?

Take a class....ideally as a group. There's something about the camaraderie of others learning around you that makes it more fun and less serious! And challenge yourself every so often!

What is one benefit of knitting/crocheting that you really enjoy?

Sharing it with my friend Tammy!

What are you most proud of when it comes to your craft?

Making things for others and seeing their appreciation of something handmade.

What is a little known fun fact about you?

I was "Miss Burgenland 1988"......a contest for girls of Austrian descent. I won a trip to Austria to represent 'my peeps' from where I grew up. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed getting to know Michelle! She is a hoot and a half. lol I love her fun fact!

This week the guild was relatively quiet. We are all busy knitting on various projects. And trying to agree upon a project to have a FKG KAL. We are going to wait until after the May meeting to choose so we can use our own hand dyed yarn that I will be introducing the ladies to their latest addiction. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment